Weekend Islamic School
Anas (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say, “O Allah! Grant me benefit in what you have taught me, and teach me useful knowledge and provide me with knowledge that will benefit me.” Related by An-Nasa’i and Al-Hakim.
اَللَّهُمَّ اِنْفَعْنِي بِمَا عَلَّمْتَنِي, وَعَلِّمْنِي مَا يَنْفَعُنِي, وَارْزُقْنِي عِلْمًا يَنْفَعُنِي
Masjid Bilal offers classes in Qur’anic reading, memorization, and Islamic studies for children between 5 years and 18 years.
Classes are held each Sunday beginning at 11:00 a.m. and end after Dhuhr prayer.
Please contact the School Principal Sister Kareema Jawahir for inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baseline requirement for each level
Volunteer with Us
Help us run the school
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Get answers or contact us if you don't see your questions here
1. Is there any age limit for students?
Students should be at least 5 years old by August 1, 2022.
2. My child is 4 years old but he/she knows Arabic Alphabets and short Surahs. Can he/she join the school?
No. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate this request.
3. Are there any other payments other than tuition fees? Like payment for snacks, books, school supplies etc.?
It is entirely possible. We will announce if we do need additional payment.
4. Can I pick up child early during school time?
It is discouraged.
5. Can I drop off my child late during school time?
We expect all students to be punctual. However, if there are special circumstances, please inform the school/class teacher ahead of time.
6. What happens if I fail to pick up my child at the end of school time?
Students need to be picked up on time to ensure their safety.
7. Do I need to pay full month payment if my child joins in the middle or at the end of the month?
Yes, but please discuss any concerns with the School Principal.
8. Can my child join middle of the school year?
Your child will miss A LOT but sure. We expect parents/guardians to help their child to catch up with the class.
9. I want to be a volunteer teacher at the school and teach my own child. Is that allowed?
It is discouraged but arrangements can be made with the School Principal.
10. My family is moving away end of this year. How does my child leave the school properly?
Please inform the School Principal at least two weeks before leaving so necessary arrangements can be made. And we absolutely appreciate your thoughtfulness.
11. Can my child keep his/her cell phone during school time?
Yes, but they are not allowed to use cell phones during lessons. Teachers will confiscate the cell phone if your child does not follow School Rules and Regulations.
12. How do I know if school is closed for snow or other emergency reasons?
Our School Principal will make the announcement via email. Be sure to add your email address when you register your child and please check your email before leaving for school on days of inclement weather.
13. How do I know when the school holidays are for the current school year?
14. Which type of payment should I choose for my family?
15. Are there other ways of registration other than online registration forms?
Yes, you can also register in person at school from the first day onwards. However, online registration is preferred.
16. What happens if I miss a payment? Or if I pay late?
Please discuss with the School Principal.